Tel Aviv’s annual Pride Festival runs this year (2017) from June 4-10 – and we’ve picked out some of the must-see events you’ll want to attend!
This year’s theme is Let It B, a celebration of diversity and bisexuality, and the acceptance of the bisexual community into the LGBTQ fold.
The annual event will start on June 9 at 10am, with a large fair in Me’ir Park (Gan Me’ir) and then take you along the beautiful streets of Tel Aviv towards the city’s Charles Clore beach where the famous beach party will be held. The festival is expected to attract over 200,000 attendees, with some 30,000 gay tourists from abroad!
If you’re looking for an awesome value-packed tour package that wraps up the best of Pride Tel Aviv, this is for you.
Some of the highlights to catch at this year’s Pride Festival (note that we’ll update the list with some of the best pride parties as they are announced):
- June 1-9: The first ever Pride Market in the world will be happening at the new Rothschild Allenby Market, complete with some rocking tunes and great food! FREE entry!
- June 4-10: Shuttles from Pride Beach to Dizengoff Center, with branded shuttles running to and from Dizengoff Center and back every day, every half hour or so, between 12.00 and 20.00.
- June 9: Tel Aviv Pride Parade, starting at Gan Meir Park. The pinnacle of Pride Week is the Pride Parade, which kicks off at 10:00 in Me’ir Park with drag shows, floats, marching groups and uplifting music. This festive celebration departs from the park, through the city and ends with a bang at the famous sunset beach party, attracting countless spectators and participants.
- June 9: Pride Parade Party, Charles Clore Park. The biggest sunset beach party in the Middle East, with special performances and DJs attracting thousands of spectators and participants.
- June 10: Pet Shop Boys concert, HaYarkon Park. Don’t miss this Forever Tel Aviv Mega Pride event, together with the Pet Shop boys! DJ Tomer Maizner will open the event, followed by Sagie Kariv. Right after Sagie’s set, the legendary British electro-popsters, the Pet Shop Boys, will start their show as part of their successful “Super World Tour”, complete with hits from some of their 13 albums.
For more details, see the official website.
For a taste of the action, here’s what you missed last year…