Wine lovers, this is your chance to rejoice – the annual Wine Festival that takes place in the north of Israel (and which includes the Galilee, the Golan, and the Emekim (the Valleys)) is just around the corner once again!
This year the festival takes place from the 25 May – 11 June 2017. Yep, that’s almost THREE weeks of wine fun and frolics!
Expect to experience some amazing wines in this festival, with some terrific events throughout the festival, including the annual Galilee Wine Expo at Rosh Pina, a celebration of white wines for the holiday of Shavuot, guided wine tours, and exposure to some of the best boutique wineries you’ll find in Israel!
If you’re interested in an amazing wine tour, a tour that will introduce you to some of the most ancient yet inspiring wineries in the Holy Land, click here for more details.
Some of the best events to mark in your vino calendar:
- 25-26 May: Galilee Wine Expo at Rosh Pina (includes wines from 30 carefully selected wineries)
- 26 May: Shavuot celebrations at the Tulip Winery
- 1 June: Celebrating the Golan’s 50th anniversary at the Chateau Winery on Moshav Eliad (call 04-6962885 for details)
- 2 June: 4 wineries (Amram, 3vines, Ramot Naftali, and Na’aman) in 1 at Ramot Naftali
- 9 June: Taste of the Galilee festival at Kibbutz Kishorit, near Carmiel (10:00 – 16:00)
For more information, click here. Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing in English for this festival, a crying shame!