The Tel Aviv Jaffa Blues Festival returns once again this November and will feature FOUR days of great Blues concerts spread over 20 locations throughout Tel Aviv and other cities. All in all, you can enjoy 40 concerts spread over those 4 days – and many of the concerts are FREE!
This year the festival takes on a bit of a local feel, with all concerts showcasing local blues (except for American musician EB Davis accompanied by the SOBO band). The festival will host dozens of blues
performances in Hebrew and English, collaborations, and exclusive festival productions. In addition, the city of Jaffa was added to the festival’s name and will host a variety of shows in its venues.
Tel Aviv’s Blues Festival is a vibrant urban festival, during which dozens of clubs and bars throughout
the city break their routine for four days, and get swept up with the joy of real, genuine blues. The festival is a wonderful opportunity to experience the magic, the beauty and the liberation of *the blues*.
Some of the Tel Aviv Blues Festival highlights that we think might grab your fancy:
- Litani Blues at the Einav Culture Center – A unique performance of blues and soul music (Dani Litani with guest Dafna Armoni).
- EB Davis (all the way from Chicago) accompanied by the SOBO band, in a FREE concert at Mike’s Place.
- Itay Pearl at the Einav Culture Center – An early premiere of his new album.
- Yair Dalal and the Blues Orient Band at the new Bar Giora – A concert blending ethnic music with elements from blues and jazz music (a second show will take place on the same weekend in Elma, Zichron Ya’akov).
- Alon Eder and Lior Dayan at the new Bar Giora – Alon Eder sings the blues and Lior Dayan tells its stories.
- The Blues Messengers in a tribute to the world’s greatest blues guitarists at the Einav Culture Center, with special guests Ilan Virtzberg and Yehuda Eder.
- Tribute show to John Mayall’s seminal album The Turning Point at Radio EPGB – Roy Rieck and friends in a tribute to the British godfather of blues.
- Tribute to harmonica legend Junior Wells Hoodoo Man Blues at The Container – A tribute in honor of the 20 year anniversary of the passing of Junior Wells, a show dedicated to the songs of Junior Wells featuring the country’s best harmonica players.
- Eli and the Chocolate Factory at The Zone – Dixieland and Blues, from New Orleans to Chicago.
- Hagar Levi at Levontin 7 – a Nina Simone tribute.