The annual Tamar Festival is the place to be if you fancy catching some of the BIGGEST names in Israeli music, as well as some stunning desert scenery.
Spread over FOUR days, the 2012 Tamar Festival includes performances by Rita, Bary Sacharov, and Balkan Beat Box among many others (see below for a full list of the artists performing). Last year’s show was a stunner, but this year it has the potential to be a little bit more special!
Oh yes, watch out for some desert nights in the famed Wadi Zohar, some stunning Masada sunrises, some beautifully refined lawns and gardens of the Botanical Gardens at Ein Gedi, and the Kikar Sdom villages – all wrapped up in a bevy of awesome shows from leading Israeli bands and singers.
The dates to mark in your calendar – October 1st til October 5th.
And the schedule of artists performing plus other goodies includes:
- Gidi Gov and Yehuda Poliker at Wadi Zohar (21:00)
- Rita, sunrise concert at Masada (actually early October 2nd) (03:30)
- Maya Isacowitz at Ein Gedi (18:30)
- Yehudit Ravitz and Bary Sacharov at Wadi Zohar (21:00)
- Moonlight Desert Walk, for all the family, costs 55 shekels per person (21:00)
- Dudu Tassa and Karolina, sunrise concert at Masada (actually early October 3rd) (03:30)
- Shlomo Gronich at Ein Gedi (18:30)
- Meshina, HaDag Nahash, and Yossi Fine at Wadi Zohar (21:00)
- Ehud Banai, sunrise concert at Masada (actually early October 4th) (03:30)
- Dikla at Ein Gedi (18:30)
- Asaf Avidan, Balkan Beat Box and Riff Cohen (one of the most interesting bands to come out of Israel recently, see the clip below) at Wadi Zohar (21:00)
- Shlomi Shaban (with Yoni Rechter), sunrise concert at Masada (actually early October 5th) (03:30)
For more details about the Tamar Festival see the official website (mostly in Hebrew unfortunately). For more information about tickets, call *6226 or 02-6237000.
Here’s a clip from Riff Cohen, performing on October 4th at the Tamar Festival and perhaps one of the most underestimated bands to come out of Israel over the last few years…