Welcome to our series of articles on the singles scene in Tel Aviv. Life, love, and lust, all wrapped up in a Middle Eastern glow and penned by the wonderful Pixi…if you’re easily offended, look away now!
Your next lover – where to find him
After some feedback on the last few articles, I am starting to get a sense of what you are all searching for. Many people have requested ideas for dates and interesting places around Tel Aviv to take your lover.
Initially, I expected a long list of questions about sexual positions and awkward erotic moments, but upon receiving such requests, I’ve decided to take a step back and start from scratch. I have therefore concocted a two part article containing the only information you need to know about where to find the ‘good guys’ and where to take them for a ‘good time’.
Please note, I use the word ‘good’ because it is the broadest term possible – the definition of ‘good’ will vary according to the individual and I take no responsibility if your own definition doesn’t fit the type of people you will discover in the places mentioned below…
Places to meet your next lover
- The coin laundry – Try the coin laundries that have those machines which are difficult to operate. On-the-spot drying machine tutorials will inevitably lead to flirtation. Note: flirtation should occur post wash only. No-one wants to see your dirty underwear.
- The Monit Sheirut – Commonly known as ‘stink chambers’, sheirut taxis are surprisingly interactive. Where else can one experience the intimacy of touching strangers in such a confined space? (Make sure you strategically choose who to pass your coins too though).
- Social networks – the real ones – not the Internet ones! – The unique thing about Tel Aviv is its lack of insular social circles. A new face will pop up in almost every social occasion. Use your friends for their extended social network and you are sure to come across someone interesting.
- The weekend food market – Dizengoff Center – A personal favorite of mine. In recent times I have noticed some extremely good looking guys working behind the food stalls. Though the food is authentic, nothing will taste as good as the hand that serves it.
Places NOT to meet your next lover
- Dating websites – OK, so I might come under criticism for this one, but I am completely OVER dating websites. There is nothing more useful and LESS sexy than a computer. You live in an amazing city – get amongst it and utilize your real people skills instead of pouring energy into a profile that probably doesn’t match the real you.
- Bars – the ‘people skills’ I refer to above have been hideously corrupted in the bar scene. Beware of who you pick up in a bar, no matter what bar it is. Sure we all do it, but that doesn’t earn bars the right to make it into my list of interesting places to meet people.
- The beach – Its cliche, its tired and its annoying. The only people who can get away with picking up men on the beach are tourists. That’s because their time here is limited and, quite frankly, anyone with an accent will automatically look 45% more sexy in a bikini.
Read more great stuff from Pixi here.