Christmas in Israel
Aaah, Christmas in Israel. After spending many a Christmas here in Israel, we’ve gotten to know exactly what makes the Holy Land tick come Santa time.
You might be forgiven for wondering if the Holy Land actually “ticks” at Christmas, but, if you look hard enough, there’s plenty beyond the super obvious trek to Manger Square in Bethlehem.
We highly recommended you check out our Top 10 things to see and do to feel festive in the Holy Land, that should give you a great starting point on what to look out for over Christmas.
In addition, we’ve collected some of our popular Christmas articles below… they should give you an idea of what, where, and how to celebrate Christmas in the Holy Land!
- Christmas in the Holy Land – this is a great introduction to what you can expect from your Christmas in Israel.
- Celebrate Christmas in Jesus’ hometown of Nazareth – a guide to what’s on in Nazareth this December.
- Christmas Mass in Bethlehem – an official guide to where to celebrate Mass in Bethlehem.
- Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem – the location of Jesus’ birthplace, perhaps the ultimate Christian pit stop during a Christmas visit to the Holy Land.
- Visit the now annual Christmas Market in Nazareth.
- Yes, there are TWO Bethlehems in Israel!
- Christmas vs Hanukkah – New Jewish immigrant Scott tells us how he celebrates in Israel.
- Mince Pies in the Holy Land – the annual quest for mince pies!