If you’ve recently settled in Israel, or are here for a lengthy spell, you might be longing for an American-style summer camp – look no further than Camp Sakura!
Camp Sakura welcomes kids (age 8-15) from around the world to join for two unforgettable weeks in summer camp heaven! Sakura’s culture and sport themed, sleep-away on the beach adventure is packed with diverse programming, professional staff and one-of-a-kind experiences that are sure to last a lifetime.
Nestled in an exclusive campus in historic Acco, Sakura’s facilities are on the grounds of the stunning Israeli Officer Navy Training School. In addition to its pristine marine setting, Sakura’s campers get great accommodations and kosher dining as well as state-of-the-art facilities for both culture and sport.
Programs are conducted in English and Hebrew, taking a pluralistic approach to daily life and play. For example, the whole camp comes together for a memorable pre-sunset musical Kabbalat Shabbat on the beach before coming together to participate in a traditional Shabbat dinner and activities appropriate for all levels of observance.
Sakura’s premium experiences include:
- Tennis at the renowned Acco Tennis Center, with instruction under Galit Shlayder, a leading coach from the International Tennis Association.
- Sea kayaking off a picturesque beach in the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. Our professional instructors help build basic seafaring skills, while encouraging both good judgement and independence.
- Sailing with experienced professionals from the Officer Navy Training School. Harness the power of the wind, waves and power of the sea under expert supervision.
- Certified coaching for team sports including soccer, beach volleyball, baseball, basketball and field hockey.
- A performing arts program with classes for acting, drama, singing and dance.
- Activities are led by our experienced English speaking staff.
After a fun filled day, evenings are time for laid-back lounge parties, crazed pillow fights and fun competitions for the most team spirit.