Yes, it’s that time of year again, when Purim parties are top of the agenda. A time to dig out the wigs, Spiderman masks and false boobs, and get your groove on!
Tel Aviv is probably the ultimate city for Purim fun (sorry Jerusalem!) and we’ve compiled a list of TEN awesome little Purim parties to strut your stuff at this coming week…
If you need a quick guide to what Purim is all about, click here.
Wednesday March 12
- Get your groove on (if you love U2) AND support a great cause at Hangar 11 at the Tel Aviv Port. Lev Ohev are having a bit of a shindig and 15 Israeli rockers (including Shai Gabso, Jeremy Kaplan, Yael Dekelbaum, and Adam) will be doing justice to some of U2’s finer moments. Tickets range from 180 to 500 (VIP) shekels. See the Facebook event page for more details.
Thursday March 13
- Hangar 11 is again the venue for some Purim fun, as two of Tel Aviv’s biggest clubs (Zamir and Dream) team up for a huge Annual Purim Rave. See the Facebook event page for details and tickets.
- Fans of those electro pop legends Depeche Mode should head to the annual Purim Party held by the official Depeche Mode fan club (50 shekels entrance fee). See the Facebook event page for details.
Friday March 14
- The ultimate Purim party has to be the now annual Tel Aviv Street Party, held in the forecourt of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art. Get your best fancy wig on and don’t forget to bring a good mood! FREE entrance. See the Facebook event page for details.
Saturday March 15
- One for those who love to get dressed up like a zombie – the Annual Tel Aviv Zombie Walk! Great fun, this has been getting bigger every year, Tel Aviv could be looking a bit scary this Saturday night! FREE to join, the fun starts at 21:00 at the corner of Sderot Ben Zion and King George and continues down Rothschild. See the Facebook event page for details.
- What looks like a humdinger of a party with definitely the best view – head to the roof of the Azrieli Mall for a crazy night! UV decorations and body make up, with great music and a cheapish bar – 50 shekels entrance for the early starters! See the Facebook event page for details.
- Head to one of Tel Aviv’s more happening joints, The Container, for a Live Purim Carnival! The action takes place at the Old Jaffa Port, and features a night of music, fun, and dancing! See the Facebook event page for details.
- The annual Purim Party at Dizengoff Club (on Kikar Dizengoff) looks like a cracker, and for 100 shekels drinks are FREE for the night! See the Facebook event page for details.
- Try an Irish Style Purim Party at the Ha’atim Center. Lots of Irish tunes, some Irish dancing and great live music from The Bloomers, all for 40 shekels. See the Facebook event page for details.
- Check out the ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ themed (masks and capes definitely preferred) Purim party at Hotel Indigo, in the Diamond district of Tel Aviv. Tickets cost between 60-100 shekels. See the Facebook event page for details.