You’ve probably heard a lot about the ever-growing startup scene in Israel, especially in cities like Tel Aviv. What with startups like Waze and just recently Onavo being acquired by Google and Facebook respectively, Tel Aviv is very much on the world map for exciting techie stuff!
Now you can also take a peek behind the scenes at some of the happening startups currently working their stuff in Tel Aviv during the annual Open Startup, which this year will take place on October 16-17.
You can access the offices of the included startups between 17:00 and 22:00 on both days, as long as they are open (and some do burn the midnight oil a bit!), AND hear the stories behind the startup plus get a real feel for what they are up to. Access is FREE, without the need to pre-register.
Some of the startups included this year:
- BillGuard: a leading personal finance protection company, helps Americans track their spending and save money with its free iPhone app.
- Bizzabo: a leading mobile networking platform for event organizers and attendees.
- Casaversa: Never feel like a tourist again with CasaVersa home-exchange.
- CUPS: a coffee subscription service in over 55 coffee shops in Tel Aviv.
- fiverr: offering a global marketplace for freelancers and unique gigs.
- GetTaxi: enables clients a fast, easy and safe way to order a taxi using the iPhone, Android and Blackberry platforms.
- moovit: a free mobile app for social navigation in public transportation.
- Tellavista: enables travelers to rent apartments for short term in major cities in Israel and around the world as an alternative to hotels.
- Wibbitz: creates beautiful video summaries out of text articles.
- Wix: create your own online presence for free and exactly the way you want.
For more details, and recommended tours, see the official site.