Israel Visa requirements

NOTE: All the information in this section is taken from Tourist Ministry sources and is presumed to be correct and up-to-date.

Passports and Visas

All visitors to Israel must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date they enter the country. People with no nationality must hold a valid laissez passer, as well as a visa back to the country that issued it.

Visitors are entitled to remain in Israel up to three months from the date of their arrival (if arriving on a B2 Tourist visa). Visitors intending to work in Israel must submit a request to the Ministry of the Interior for a special visa (a B1 visa, which is granted in accordance with Ministry of Interior guidelines).

Important note for tourists continuing from Israel on to Arab countries (except Egypt and Jordan; this article is a must-read): It is recommended that you request that an Israeli stamp does not appear on your passport. You must notify the clerk of your request before your documents are stamped. The granting of such requests is at the discretion of the authorities.

Tourist Visas

Citizens of the following countries will be issued tourist visas free of charge at every port or entrance terminal to Israel (this PDF is updated with the latest visa eligibility):

Europe – Austria, Italy, Iceland, Ireland, Belgium, Britain, Gibraltar, Germany (people born after 1.1.1928), Denmark, Holland, Hungary, Greece, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Malta, Norway, Slovenia, San Marino, Spain, Portugal, Finland, France, Cyprus, Sweden, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia.

Asia and Oceania – Australia, the Fiji Islands, South Korea, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, New Zealand, Micronesia, Singapore, Mongolia, Vanuatu.

Africa – Lesotho, Mauritius, Malawi, South Africa, Swaziland, the Central African Republic.

America – Uruguay, the Bahamas, El Salvador, Ecuador, Argentina, the United States, Bolivia, Barbados, Brazil, Guatemala, Jamaica, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Mexico, Surinam, Nevis and Saint Kitts, Panama, Paraguay, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Canada, St. Lucia.

Transit Visas

Visitors desiring to stop in Israel on their way to other destinations may request a transit visa for five days, which can be extended for another 10 days. Travelers on passenger ships stopping in Israel will be issued with a disembarkation card enabling them to stay in Israel as long as their ship is anchored in Israel. There is no need to submit a request for a visa.

Extension of Your Stay

Your visa can be extended (for a fee) at the Ministry of the Interior at the following addresses:

Jerusalem – 24 Hilell Street 02-6294726

Tel Aviv – 125 Menachem Begin Street 03-5193305

Haifa – 15 Pal-Yam 04-8633333

Eilat – Ha-Tamarim Street, City Center, 2nd Floor 08-6381333

Tiberias – 23 Zaki Elkhadif 04-6729111

Ben-Gurion Airport – 03-9774200/1/2

And if you’re still not sure, check out the government website, which should have the correct and updated info here.


  1. Pingback: Israel A-Z guide |

  2. Pingback: Israel Visa requirements igoogledisrael com | Hammock Stand

  3. Pingback: Travel Visa

  4. Rachel

    March 3, 2010 at 2:34 pm

    Hi..I am a Filipina working in a Military hospital in Saudi Arabia as Dentist. I want to go on tour to Israel, Bethlehem,jeruzalem this coming November.
    I will go Israel by bus from Jordan.My problem is will I be able to go back to saudi after Israel trip?.I will stay in Israel about 3 days only then go back to Saudi for my work.Please give advise me what to do.It is my dream to go to Holyland..Thanks for a reply

  5. Ashley

    March 4, 2010 at 6:03 am

  6. Lauren

    July 19, 2010 at 6:09 am

    I’m an American citizen (age 26) and just finishing up getting my master’s in education. My boyfriend is Israeli and recently (in the last few months) made Aliyah. I am not Jewish and therefore can’t make Aliyah myself, but we would like to live in Israel together. I know that I can get a 3 month tourist visa when I arrive in Israel and could extend it at the Ministry of Interior, however we plan to stay at least 2 years and I will certainly need (and want) to work. I am getting so many mixed messages about what it takes to get a work visa in Israel (including proving my relationship with my boyfriend, medical info but with no details of what, education information, birth certificate, background check, etc) but I can’t find any of the information in any sort of official form.The ministry of Interior never answers the phone and the consulate (in San Francisco says I have to go through the Ministry and doesn’t give any helpful information, if they even answer either). I am going to the consulate next week to see if showing up makes a difference. I will be arriving in Israel mid-Aug and would at least like to be prepared with what the Ministry of Interior may ask for. Any advice about getting a working visa (no employment is lined up for me right now) as a non-Jew in a relationship with an Israeli?

    Toda raba!

    • jenny altberger

      May 11, 2016 at 8:39 am

      Get married , that will solve all problems

  7. Ashley

    July 19, 2010 at 11:48 am

    Hi Lauren,
    For sure, turn up at the consulate, they hopefully will be able to set you straight. Personally, I don’t envisage any problems for you coming as you are, though with a job lined up and a place to live with your boyfriend you will be in much better shape. With a masters in education, you could easily line up some work teaching English, but that would probably only be doable from within Israel. Not sure if they would also give you a work visa. But you could come on the 3 months tourist visa, check things out, apply for another 3 months (or just take a quick trip to Sinai) and see how things pan out. Israel takes a bit of getting used to!

  8. Esso

    August 29, 2010 at 9:25 am

    iam egyptian women i will marry from arabic guy from jerusalem ( have israeli ID) now we are arranging for our wedding, but we need more details about the entry visa for me as iam egyptian, and as i know the egyptian can get visas for israel.
    can you help us what we shall do for that to complete our wedding arrangement?

  9. Ashley

    August 31, 2010 at 1:06 pm

    Hi Esso,
    I think your best bet is to contact your embassy and check with them. Because you’re coming from Egypt and marrying a guy from Jerusalem (East?), I’m really not sure how you’d go about getting visas sorted.
    Sorry, and good luck!

  10. steven

    October 21, 2010 at 9:25 pm

    you enter on tourist visa,when here go to ministry of interior,apply for permit as you are living together as a couple

  11. Jennifer Smith

    December 16, 2010 at 7:12 pm

    Please allow us to introduce our Holy Land Tours in your travel blog, best regards. Thank you for your support and approving our comment to help Israel by promoting travel. Best Regards Israel Tours.

  12. ziba

    December 30, 2010 at 1:13 pm

    hi.i am iranian .i don’t like to live in iran .but it’s dificult for me exit of is very hard here.
    can you help me?

  13. suzan

    January 27, 2011 at 9:26 pm

    hi i am from east jerusalem , but i carry a green id , but i also have an american passport , how can i visit israel , or am i not allwed to ??

  14. Janel Nied

    January 28, 2015 at 3:09 am

    Hi my family and I want to move to Israel. We have 6 kids and are Americans. My husband is of old descendant Jewish/Polish if that helps any I don’t know. I have no idea how to go about this. My husband as a child has been there but no one else has ever traveled there or even out of the country. My husband has a degree in Web Design. I mainly do missions and volunteer work. I have a teaching license. I think my son wants to attend college there. I am currently learning Hebrew and teaching my children. Can you please tell me what steps I need to take to get this accomplished and how? Thank You for your time.

  15. Wanda

    July 7, 2015 at 3:52 am

    I am a 66 yr old retiree, wanting to possibly relocate to Israel. I have a Masters in Counseling, so may also seek employment there. What Visa do I have to apply for, and where do I begin the process?

  16. Michael

    November 5, 2015 at 11:22 pm

    Hi my names Michael after my 3months stay in Israel can I go to Jordan and come back to Israel and get a new visa if so how long do I have to spend in Jordan and how long befor my visa runs out do I have to go to Jordan.thankyou

    • Ashley

      November 8, 2015 at 7:27 am

      You used to be able to go back and forth quite regularly – I actually did this – but not sure if it has been tightened up. Depending on your passport and if you have funds to show them at the border, you will probably be OK.

  17. Elisha Smith

    August 3, 2016 at 11:12 pm

    Hi there, I am currently in Israel with a volunteers visa. I have been here for almost three months now but my visa is for a year. However, I amnow needint to go home within the next month or so. I am looking to cancel my visa this week but wil it be ok for me to stay in the country for one month until the date of my return flight back homey? Or will they expect me to leave immediately?

    • Ashley

      August 14, 2016 at 1:01 pm

      My question is: why are you canceling now? Why do you need to cancel it at all? Can’t you just exit Israel with the visa, which will probably get nulled once you leave?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Looking for GREAT things to
see & do in this amazing country

I`m looking!

Thank you, I`m OK


Sign up for our newsletter to receive regular updates on some GREAT things to see & do in Israel!

Join the thousands already signed up!

We guarantee that your email is not shared with any 3rd parties!

Thank you for signing up!

Consider yourselves part of the gang!